Weight Watchers’ “Feel Good Café” on its tour across the UK
Starting in Brixton, the pop-up café travelled north, making stops in Manchester, Leeds and finishing this weekend in Birmingham. The café’s menu of tempting dishes and snacks has been created with Weight Watchers Foods to show diners they do not have to give up the food they love after research reveals half of all women confess to having little knowledge of which foods they should choose when adopting a healthy eating routine.
We’re continuing the Feel Good campaign at Wild Card by adopting Weight Watchers’ ten simple tips for the summer – or trying to at least!
- Be inspired: It may be an old photo or a quote but put this in a place such as on the fridge or on your phone where it will always inspire you and remind you of your goal
- Get support: Do it with a friend. Buddy up with a fellow member or, for extra Leader advice, Weight Watchers experts are on hand 24/7
- Track: The mix-and-match menu plan makes it easy to stay in control, but you still need to track. When you say ‘I’ll take a treat from my weekly allowance’ make sure you do!
- Sip smart: Our body weight is two-thirds fluid, which means staying hydrated is key to staying healthy. Aim to drink 6–8 glasses (1.2 litres) of fluid per day – a great choice is water
- Get fruity: Fruit is not just essential for health, it’s also a great hunger- busting back-up if it’s a bit too early for lunch. With zero ProPoints values, there’s no reason not to munch!
- Be kit wise: An expensive price tag doesn’t necessarily make a pair of trainers the best ones out there. Do your research and ask a shop assistant for a proper fitting to ensure a correct fit
- Jot it down: Don’t have time to exercise? Then make time. Putting a regular slot in your journal to follow the fitness part of the plan will help you break through the time barrier
- Measure up: Jot down your waist, hip and leg measurements each week. Inches lost and your changing body shape will also spur you on
- Treat yourself: Banning foods will only make you want them more so treat yourself on your days off. Banish the kids, turn off your phone and savour it
- Celebrate your wins: For each goal, whether it be an extra set of squats or losing a few pounds, share your great news with family or friends so they can keep you motivated