This website is operated by Wild Card (registered in England and Wales with company number 3899889 and registered address at Wild Card Public Relations Ltd, Edward Street Truro Cornwall TR1 3AJ, United Kingdom).
References to “Wild Card”, “we”, “us” and “our” are references to Wild Card Public Relations Ltd. “Wild Card Smart Media Index®” is a registered trademark of Wild Card Public Relations Ltd.
We provide this Privacy and Cookie Notice to help you to understand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy and Cookie Notice and agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information as described in this Privacy and Cookie Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not provide your personal details to us. This Privacy and Cookie Notice is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions, that govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set forth below.
We may need to update this Privacy and Cookie Notice from time to time. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
Collecting personal information
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties (for example, by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving newsletter). In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; ask us to provide you with information and post information to public areas of the site.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Like many other websites, we use “cookies” to help us gather and store information about visitors to our websites.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
What types of cookies are used on this site?
The cookies which may be used on this site have been categorised based on the categories set out in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide as follows:
A: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
What type of Strictly Necessary Cookies do we use on our website?
Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies we may use on this website include Content Management Cookies which are required by the site for the content management system to work and Template Preference Cookies which are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
We may also use a Social Sharing Cookie. This is a cookie that identifies you with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and allows interaction between your activity on social networking sites and on our website through your direction, and makes your transition between the sites more seamless.
B: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
What type of Performance Cookies do we use on on our website?
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How do I disable/enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can go to the Tools/Internet options/Security and Privacy Tabs to adapt the browser to your expectations. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyse website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as ‘P3P’ features (Privacy Preferences Platform).
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- open ‘Windows Explorer’
- click on the ‘Search’ button on the tool bar
- type “cookie” into the search box for ‘Folders and Files’
- select ‘My Computer’ in the ‘Look In’ box
- click ‘Search Now’ Double click on the folders that are found
- ‘Select’ any cookie file
- hit the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select ‘cookies’ in the ‘Help’ function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
Use of personal information
We may use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services, and those of our affiliates companies.
- Marketing analysis. We may use your personal information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our visitors or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
- Transactional purposes. We may use your personal information to respond to your queries and requests,
- Forward to a friend. When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from one of our websites, we will send that individual only the information you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on your providing us with their information.
Disclosure of personal information
We value your personal information and only share it with third parties that provide it with adequate protection. From time to time we may disclose personal information to:
- third parties to whom you have provided your consent;
- our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as delivery; marketing and advertising; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business), provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, to provide services to us, or as otherwise required by law;
- a person or entity, including our affiliates, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us; and
- law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third parties in order to comply with applicable law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with applicable law, or to detect, protect, or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, or other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, or to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal, or contractual obligations.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, we will endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
UK law will govern these Terms.
Any claims asserted by you in connection with the Service must be asserted in writing to Wild Card within one (1) year of the date such claim first arose, or such claim is forever waived by you. Each claim shall be adjudicated individually, and you agree not to combine your claim with the claim of any third party.
Should you have any questions you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2016 Wild Card Public Relations Ltd, Edward Street Truro Cornwall TR1 3AJ, United Kingdom (Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3899889) All rights reserved.