With all signs pointing to a slowdown in domestic travel, how can UK travel and leisure businesses use the power of PR to maximise their destination appeal?
With two decades in leisure and tourism comms, the Wild Card PR team has seen first-hand the positive and immediate impact that well placed editorial coverage can have on visitor numbers, bookings and enquiries.
Julia Hughes, Wild Card Account Director, gives her top tips for businesses looking to promote themselves this Summer:
- Stand out from the crowd. Really think about your USPs and dial those up in your communications. What added extras make your hotel, restaurant or venue extra special? Is there an amazing view? A vineyard next door? Can you offer visitors an experience they couldn’t get elsewhere?
- What’s new? Revamped menus, room renovations, special events. New news provides the perfect opportunity to get in touch with media.
- Promotions & deals. While this isn’t the right approach for every brand, journalists are keen to hear about special offers for visitors – whether that’s discounted room rates or complimentary extras.
- Empty rooms. If you do have empty rooms across the Summer, think about inviting key members of the press, or relevant influencers, for a visit. We get incredible results if a journalist has enjoyed a brilliant stay in the venue.
- Think local. It’s not just people coming into your County that might book a stay or visit you. Include local media & influencers in your comms plan to engage with your community.