To launch New Covent Garden Soup Co.’s ‘Off to the Seaside’ campaign, Wild Card investigated just what our favourite childhood memories are…
The research revealed that 73% of Brits say their fondest childhood memories were from being on the beach. Wild Card approached its national and regional news desks contacts with a list of the nation’s top 50 childhood memories to secure coverage with the Express and Mirror, both in print and online, as well as with several regional newspapers.
Wild Card also held a radio day with campaign spokesperson and clinical psychologist Dr. Nihara Krause, speaking to 17 radio stations across the country on both national and regional programmes. Dr. Krause discussed the research findings and importance of creating strong, happy childhood memories with presenters, reaching an estimated 3 million listeners.
The research story was part of a wider campaign titled ‘Off to the Seaside’, where New Covent Garden Soup Co. recreated these childhood memories by hosting family beach days across the country.
As well as nostalgic seaside activities and exciting giveaways, New Covent Garden have been ‘souping up’ people’s days and fueling the fun by serving tasty flavours to passers-by. Wild Card secured coverage in local news and lifestyle outlets to encourage local participation in the events as well as inviting local bloggers and influencers along to join the fun, such as The Slimming Foodie.
Click here to for more on the ‘Off to the Seaside’ campaign.
Which are your favourite childhood memories from the 50 most common listed below?
- Family holidays
- Playing hide and seek
- Collecting shells on the beach
- Hop scotch
- Watching Top of the Pops
- Sports days
- Watching children’s TV
- Fish and chips
- Pic ‘n mix sweets
- Playground games (British bulldog etc.)
- Pencil cases
- Climbing trees
- Egg and spoon races
- Recording the music charts on a Sunday
- School dinners
- Collectible toys/ cards etc.
- Ice creams from the ice cream van
- Playing outside until dark
- Paddling in the sea
- Dinner ladies
- Putting your teeth under the pillow after falling out
- Kiss chase
- Fighting with siblings
- Fishing for tadpoles
- Going to Woolworths to buy records
- Playing on a rope swing in the woods
- School field trips
- Visiting cousins
- Making daisy chains and wearing them around your head
- Going ‘back to school’ shopping at the end of summer holiday
- Getting up early in the morning to go on holiday
- Reading magazines
- Exploring rock pools
- Using jumpers for goal posts
- School tuck shop
- Playing in the paddling pool
- Ice cream floats
- Running around outside bare foot
- Packed lunches
- Swimming in the cold sea
- Playing tennis against the wall
- Scratch and sniff stickers
- Getting told off by the teacher
- Staying up late for New Year’s parties
- Sliding on the grass in school uniform
- Paper rounds
- Going camping
- Playing car games on long journeys
- Singing in the back of the car